Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

3/21 Post 2020 Thoughts in the early AM

Having coffee and posting early on a Saturday morning. At 5 pm a Stay at home order will be implemented. I don't know what to make of all this. We sat and chatted with the wife last night and we both agreed that this was the weirdest thing we could have ever imagined. While we still try to wrap our heads of what has happened, the truth is that there is a lot more consequences coming. 
As a cyclist I think everything is going to change for a long time. Bike shops, rides, races, industry, everything has been turned upside down. It will be a while until we can fully understand the impact, find solutions, and fix stuff to what I think a new order. 
I really think that all events in spring and summer should just be canned. Take that time to take care of family, friends, oneself. 
I will miss,again, seeing a lot of friends I have not seen in a long time. That will have to wait until the storm is over. 
I will have to accept the fact that doing indoor training will be a possible fact if things get worse and we get grounded at home. I have rollers, a non smart trainer, a rowing maching and Trx straps. I also have some weights, a yoga mat, and a foam roller. 
In the meantime I will try to ride outside alone. I will roll out the garage, ride, then roll back inside. Wash everthing, wash bike and be grateful. 
What are your plans? 
I hope to keep posting on here on a daily basis and that we all write more since we now have the time. Let me know if you need anything at all. 
Today I am hoping for a short, outside ride, then I am going to start tackling my garage. I also have 3 sets of full coverage fenders that have to be mounted. They have been sitting, idling for months. It's a tedious process to fit them on bikes but now is the right time to do it. I also have to change the broken housing on my Rohloff system. That should take a while. I also have a ton of books to read and a bunch of movies to watch. Oh, my thousands of photos need organizing. 
These are all things that I was not able to do while I was participating in the rat race. The rat race keeps you alive and pays the bills but does not allow you to do the things you love. 
Stay positive, get stuff done. 
thank you for reading,
Ari
I hope to be out here one day, surrounded by friends.

4 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Strange times indeed. We are still allowed to move about, but I am wondering when that will end. I like how you liken this to a storm. It is scary and intimidating, like a storm, but it WILL PASS. I think that is what we have to look for. Take Care!

Ken said...

I believe it was Lily Tomlin who said, " the problem with the rat race is if you win, you're still a rat!" or something to that effect.Take care, keep riding

Ari said...

Thank you for your comments. I will probably never abandon my blog again. It really is time to slow down and enjoy every single moment we are alive. Thank you for reading. Ari

Reflector Collector said...

On one hand, it seems a bit selfish to focus on organized and competitive events given the circumstances. On the one hand, the distraction and escape seems like exactly the thing that people need right now. Solo riding seems like a good thing right now, meditative, healthy, low cost, opportunity to commune with nature. Stay safe & healthy.