Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Day of Anastasia, Pascuala, Pascolini


To all my family members related to the Easter holiday may you live long and healthy lives.
Today was a long and enjoyful day. I most likely don't make such comments unless I really mean them. I awoke at 430 this morning to take Jamie to work. The 'bucks had to open at 530 am on Easter Sunday just in case some rich inept person was not able to operate their expensive Cuisnart coffee maker. I went back home and crashed again till 730 and woke up for my ritual sunday ride. It was cold and I must admit my thick wool hiking socks did not keep my toes warm. MY hands were cold too and at some point I was getting annoyed with the weather. Since it was a holy holiday I tried to keep my mouth clean. We rode out to the woods with Roe and has a blast. We sought out some old trails and except for some hard core runners we had the place to ourselves. The dudes with the full body armour and full boingy bikes were not out today. Got home exhausted and got ready for the visit to the inlaws. I really like my inlaws and I am fortunate to have Giusseppe as my wife's dad. He is just an awesome guy. We had a great dinner and we got to watch the Tour of Flanders on the telly. What a luxury!! Alessandro Ballan took the win and I really admired the form these guys have. I wish we could go back in time and get the gang out again. Kids, practice this, church, lawns, chores, shopping have all interfered with out cycling outings. Many times we stay up too late and don't want to get up early. But the greatest thing is to get up, ride, and come home feeling good.
The bug is starting to set in again. And at some point I hope to convince others to do the same. A little change in weather could also help to solve this.
Till then try to get out. Explore old routes, go offroad, stop and have lunch, take some photos, walk your bike.
Can't wait for Roubaix.
Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

hopefully the warmer weather is just around the corner. rain mixed with snow in the forecast almost all week.... i hope it dries up after that for those of you doing trans iowa. we need sunshine!!!!!

peace out, yo!