Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Watch your Drink

Glad to be writing this tonight. Today at work I took a big gulp of TriFlow out of a gatorade bottle that was on the counter. My bro was going to take some home to loosen up some stuff. I was running around the shop like a crazy chicken. I came back looking for something to drink and I noticed the Gatorade. Thought to my self, maybe its my bro's I'll take a chug. Sure enough I took a chug of Triflow and then I noticed something was wrong because my mouth felt oily. I realized what I drank was not Gatorade. Called my bro and he told me it was triflow. He came over with the car in a flash and with Triflow gallon ran to the hospital. Nasty is all I can say. My throat is still bad and I have to see my Doc on Monday. Must take Pepcid for 5 weeks to clear it all out. From now on its no more half finished containers at the shop, and always drink from where you know its safe. Keep all them nasty bike chemicals away from the little ones too.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Working in the chemical industry I can tell you that you are lucky. You have to be careful with chemicals, even things you take for granted.

When I worked construction in the summers in college I had a half empty Coke sitting on the scaffolding. The only problem was some jackass had his Coke spit bottle on the scaffolding too. You know the rest.

bluecolnago said...

sounds nasty, ari. glad you're alright.

spit bottles are the worst.

peace out, yo!

strangelife said...

A scary, crazy day, man. That's all I can say.