Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, February 19, 2022

long overdue post. yes, it's 2/19/22

 Believe me I have had all good intentions to give this old blog an update. We are all well and have survived the infectious virus so far. A lot of stress and a lot of isolation at times but here we are. Now on to the next subject. That has been my left eye. A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving holiday a pesky cataract that was creeping around my eye decided to land on the bullseye of my iris. So one day I awoke and thought I had something in there. No I didn't. The cataract had covered the iris rendering my left eye useless. In a few days I will go under some super duper laser thing and they will break up the cataract, and install a shiny new lens. I hope it all works out like the science says it should. For Thanksgiving I ate a lot and was so thankful that we are born with 2 eyes. Brilliant idea. 

I rode the rollers for almost all the days in January. Balancing and watching the euro cross races on the  telly. Starting february that came to a halt. Things got crazy with work and such and I decided to take a break. I started cleaning and getting my film cameras running again. I took a lot of photos with my one good eye and taught it to focus since prior focusing was always done with my left one. I guess I could have used the autofocus mode but that's another story. We will see what happens soon enough. I see a lot of plans, races, bikes starting to show up. The new Surly Ghost Machine? has caught my attention. Not that I need it but I think it's kinda neat. I just don't see so many people having the time to go bikepacking. But what do I know. If you still read this old blog I thank you. You are very kind. 

Ari 


No comments: