Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Welcome June


 Maybe this month the temps will stabilize and I’ll be able to get a streak going. May’s crazy temp swings had my Asthma in a tizzy. I’ve worked on my bikes and gotten the stable pretty squared away. Also got a couple shots and feel comfortable getting out there. 

It really has been a while since I rode with people. Lots of riders got used to riding alone or just with their dedicated groups. Maybe I have to start my own (?). 

On another topic wanted to mention how there has been a decrease in cycling this year around here. The roaring herds of 2020 are gone. People getting vaccinated and places opening up has made people abandon their bikes once again. We’ve noticed it at work with a decline in bike repairs. Now the new cyclists that came out in 2020 can go back to their pre pandemic activities. It was good to see so many families riding while it lasted. 

That brings me to the bike industry. Everything is still out of stock as the industry plays catch up with the complete depletion of everything in 2020. The sad part is that in that we lost a lot of products. We lost the Surly Troll, Long Haul Trucker, Pack Rat, Pugsley V2. This is just a small sampling. I have been waiting for flat mount mechanical disc calipers for months. 

We’ll see what happens with all this. I’m glad it’s finally getting warmer. I’m glad the sun is out. 

I’m  ready. 

Thanks for reading, 

Ari

1 comment:

Guitar Ted said...

It's JUNE already?!!!

Dang! This year seems to be flying so fast compared to last year. But I agree- May was such a tough month to get rolling in any sort of a consistent way.

Feels like Summer now.