Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, May 2, 2021

5/2/21



 First couple of days of May. Never been so out of shape in my life. I was doing well up to January 21st of this year. Then the cold wind settled in and froze me. The winter was unkind and my stubbornness against indoor training saw my 7,000 mile 2020 season slowly fade away. I left my previous Manufacturing job and joined the bike industry once again. 

I started to slowly get back on the bike and realized how bad it was. Is this possible? A couple of months off the bike, which I thought would be a good idea, landing me in the dumps? 

I finally arranged to ride with another human the other day. We rode for 13 miles at a leisure pace of 13.5 mph, on the road. I spent the rest of the day in a complete state of zombie. Water, food Emergen-C kept me alive while the hours ticked away at work. 

More than complaining I am wondering if this is normal. I talked to my son last night and he suggested I muscle through. What else would a Marine tell me to do? 

I hope to find my lost legs somewhere. They gotta come back and give me that much needed freedom of the long distance. If you have ideas let me know. I’m all ears. 

Thanks for reading, Ari

1 comment:

Mac said...

I’m not there yet myself, but deciding th as t I’m going to ride fro 7 am to 8 am every day has me in a better place.