Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th of July Fitness Kickoff

So, since I got injured in March I have been riding my bike but not doing much more with my legs than standing at the bike shop. The bad pain has gone away and I have decided it is time to get back in shape so I can keep up with my younger crew members. On Friday I met up with the Blue Demon at L.Perfecto's house and we rode out west. We stopped at the Walgreens to celebrate the 4th with some drinks and chippys. I rode back with my steamroller and ended up the day with 40 miles. The wife and I later went to Palos and we did a decent little loop hiking and then I did 3 sets of the stairs. There is where I realized how badly out of shape I am. I was dragging up the hills while hiking. I was out of breath and my whole body hurt. Dont' ask me how I pulled off the 150 miles of the Drifter. On Saturday morning I took out the Salsa La Cruz with 42mm speedrides and hit the road bound towards the Palos area. I was decided to do the Yellow loop. I ended up doing the whole thing plus the out and back black loop. There were some mud holes but I was really enjoying being out in the woods. I came home, did some chores and then we went again to Palos for our late afternoon hike and stair session. We did the same loop and then I did 5 sets of stair while the wife did 3. We were pretty gased as we drove home tired and sweaty. I am determined to regain my fitness. 
best, 
Ari 
Blue Demon and I celebrating with drinks and chips. 


The Gravel trails in Palos were good. The dirt ones had some mud holes. 

Most of the dirt was dry. 
Etch a Sketch

Giugi's Schleich scenes. The rider is in a magical flower forest. That would be cool!!

1 comment:

jkruse said...

that etch a sketch is pretty great. just a lil guy chillin' in his hammock wearing a nice big hat and sipping a cocktail. and he rode his bike. what more could you want?