Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Night Ride

I watched the herds of riders all day long as they basked in the sun enjoying the day. I had committed my holiday to hanging out with family and getting the most out of it. Family was in from out of town and I just felt weird to get suited up and leave them. So late at night I got dressed and mounted up on the Steamroller and got in about 35 miles. It was humid as all get go. So I was just wearing a lycra jersey and shorts. It was weird to ride in the jungle like climate since it had been such a long time. Midway thru my ride on the Creepy trail I got rained on real good. I slipped my little Canon in a plastic bag and continued pedalling. It felt good to ride. I had been feeling so full and bloated from eating so much. At first the legs felt heavy but as the ride went on they got better and better. I saw nobody out there. I had the whole place to myself. I arrived home around 1am, showered, then went straight to bed. I hit the pillow and started dreaming. I 
dreamt  of longer rides with friends. I dreamt of a summer that never ends. 
Hope you had a great holiday weekend. 
Ari 

The creepy trail was dark and foggy. 

No comments: