Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Slender Fungus Attacks 2 for 2

The Great dinottelighting above my huge helmet




Hellmut in his Kraftwerk outfit. Aerodynamik und Dynamisch!

Hellmut had missed out on riding with us on Sunday since he had to help with a move. After last nights long ass ride I decided to get out tonight and strech the legs. It wasn't as cold tonight and we decided to do the Aldrich rd. loop. We go up Brickville then make a left on Aldrich, go up the gravel hill then up to Pleasant hill rd. make another left to Grove make another left and then back to Brickville. The wind was feisty and out of the S.E. I got tired and my legs were sore from last night.
Oh, speaking of last night. We got together and rode out of the Trailhead at 830 pm. We had a good group including Tobie, Jay, Eric, Evaaaaaaaan, Richie Rich, Jay bird and me-self. We rode out and then groups went so far and turned aound and so forth. Jay, mysefl, Evan and Eric (forgot the right spelling) made it to StCharlies. Then Jay and I rode through Leroy Oaks, took the Randall Rd. Trail to Silver Glen Rd. in South Elgin, then headed east on Silver Glen to the Fox River. We then took the trail and ended up in the Riverside neighborhood were Al Capone's hideout is. We did some mad Hills there Including the Hitler hill and the Capone hill. We then rode into St. Charles, grabbed some junk station food and rode home. it was really cold and damp and we got really cold. I arrived home at 1:30 am and Jay must have hit home around 2 am. I shivered in bed until I woke up in the morning. I estimate I had a 70+ mile day yesterday.
More photos to come.

Ari

1 comment:

Charlie Farrow said...

Ari...thanks for the heads up on the Trans-Iowa...It is our destiny...