Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Day Off Riding

Look Helmet Police, just a cycling cap!

Church by Wisconsin border

Todays Goal


Very Clear air and lots of deep breathing.







We are officially closed on Mondays and my day off has been changed. Today I had in mind to do a Century. So I grabbed the Bianchi Cross Bike and headed north. I couldn't tell where the wind was coming from all day. So I rode through Genoa and then towards Garden Prairie, then Poplar Grove until I hit the Wisconsin Border. I had some good spins on the Bianchi and I came to realize once again why Euro bikes rides so well. Many years of experience I would assume.
I ran out of water and food with 10 miles to go and did not want to go into complete deplete mode. Stopped for food and drink and made it home to get Giugi off the bus. I rode hard today because once I got inside I passed out on the carpet. It is difficult riding a hundo solo and have nobody to talk to or draft off. So I will be recovering for the rest of the day.
best
100 miles in 6 hours 7 minutes 30 seconds
98.27 miles in 6 hours
16.2 mph average
1 medium bottle of Zym
40 oz of water
2 hammer Gels
1 small box raisins
1 small pack of fig newtons
1 cheese bear claw
20 oz Coca-Cola Ahh! refreshing!


2 comments:

Charlie Farrow said...

Helmets are for the young...For you and me...It don't matter anymore :)
Cheers,
C

Ari said...

I usually wear one. I never wore one for 38 years. I will be going to Decorah next week to ride some gravel. We are taking advantage of the Columbus day weekend.
ari